Background

Monday, October 11, 2010

Attack of the Closet

I don't know if our closet is just fed up with me and my clothes or what, but I now know it doesn't like me. I kinda had it coming.... Friday afternoon I was trying to put a game up on the top shelf and hoisted myself up with the adjacent shelf to stand on the dresser underneath.

I have done this before -- Chris saw and got after me because it's a bad idea. He predicted the following event. And of course, my only reply was, "Is that a fat joke?" I didn't think much of it because after all I'm a Laprevote! We played 'Spider-man' in the hallway when we were little! We'd just climb right on up the wall of the hallway till our legs couldn't take any more!

Anyway, as you've probably guessed, the whole thing came crashing down on me. Ripped it right outta the wall. This is the shelf with all the extra bathroom stuff (Shampoo, lotions, razors, etc.), our whole filing system, and all my shirts. It was such a mess!! And my arm was bruised and cut up. I wanted to cry but ended up just laughing. Luckily, my super handy-dandy hubby fixed the wall up. We just have to buy a few more anchors 'just in case' and then I'll start repairing my relationship with the closet. Maybe I'll to go to Ikea to compensate for it. But for now, half of the closet is hanging out on and around the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment